Friday, March 13, 2009

Lessons in patience

I'm convinced that adoption puts us in "patience school."  I'm also convinced that I have been failing class on many days!  :)  

We were expecting to have court papers in hand within 2 weeks; instead, we've been waiting for 5.5 weeks (still no papers).  We were expecting to receive new photos of Grace in the mail yesterday, but they didn't arrive.  I walked back from the mailbox with tears burning in my eyes, and I began talking with my Heavenly Father. 

He reminded me that His Timing is perfect.  He reminded me that in order to keep peaceful inside my heart, I must focus on HIM, not the adoption, not Grace, not the empty mailbox, not the silent phone.  HIM!

And this morning during my quiet time, He reminded me that we will need PATIENCE in order to have a home where Grace can thrive to her full potential.  So, we're being grown in patience...He is preparing us for her arrival.  Definitely "patience school."  But, in the end, I know it will be very worth it.

James 1:2-4 "Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes you way, let it be an opportunity for joy.  For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.  So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything."